Assembly Bill 210 became effective on January 1, 2018, which creates section 18999.8 of the Welfare and Institutions Code. This bill permits multi-disciplinary personnel teams (MDTs) of Participating Agencies to share and exchange information made confidential by State law to facilitate the expedited identification, assessment, and linkage of homeless adults and families to housing and supportive services within the County.
To implement AB 210, counties must establish a protocol, which governs the sharing of information under the law. LA County’s AB 210 Protocol can be found here.
Additional AB 210 documents can be found below:
- All participating agencies must sign the Participating Agency Agreement, which can be found here.
- The Countywide Policies and Procedures can be found here.
- All staff must be trained and sign the confidentiality agreement, which can be found here.
- The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors Policy 6.100, Information Technology and Security Policy can be found here.
- AB 210 legislation can be found here.
If you have any questions, please contact the Homeless Initiative at AB210@ceo.lacounty.gov.