It includes updates on Measure H-funded strategies, including homelessness prevention, street outreach, supportive services and employment, interim housing, and permanent housing. It also includes efforts to help people experiencing homelessness during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Quarterly Report #20 also highlights recent new federal and State investments to address homelessness in Los Angeles County, as well as the Board of Supervisors’ decisions to initiate a reassessment of Homeless Initiative strategies and to establish a Blue Ribbon Commission on Homelessness.
Key Outcomes in Quarterly Report #20
From July 2020 – June 2021:
- 437 families and 1,264 individuals were prevented from becoming homeless
- 16,936 individuals were newly engaged by outreach teams
- 13,975 individuals and family members were active in the interim housing program and 2,684 were active in the interim housing program for people exiting institutions
- 3,427 individuals and family members were placed in rapid re-housing; 1,940 individuals and family members were placed in permanent supportive housing; and 766 households were housed using landlord incentives
Since the implementation of Measure H in July 2017:
- 53,145 individuals and family members were placed in interim housing funded in part or in whole by Measure H
- 30,310 individuals and family members were placed in permanent housing through Measure H funded strategies